What Is The Football For Good Fund?
Since 1888, Celtic Football Club has symbolised the power of Football for Food.
In response to the COVID-19 crisis, Celtic FC Foundation launched our Football for Good Fund on Friday, March 20 to support those most in need.
What Are We Doing?
To date we have invested in the region of £600K into this initiative.
So far our support has included:
- 55 partner charities/community organisations who are providing vital food and essential supplies to those who need it most in Glasgow and Lanarkshire, Greenock, Oban, Edinburgh, Fife, Isle of Skye, London, Newcastle, Dublin and Belfast as well as two partner charities in New York.
- a project supporting approximately 1,600 pupils and families at 12 Glasgow-based schools and nurseries, including family cooking packs and activity boxes.
- our partnership initiatives with NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde, Cathedral House Hotel and 1051GWR which provided hundreds of hot meals each day for frontline staff.
- our partnership project with Glasgow North East Foodbank offering a free food parcel self-referral service for people living in Glasgow affected by the COVID-19 crisis.
- our partnership project with Glasgow North East Foodbank and the NHS providing food and essentials packages for patients being discharged from hospital.
But we can’t do it alone.
We understand that many are concerned about their financial position at this time, and it is important to say that, while we are now actively appealing for donations, supporters are urged to donate within their means. Any donation – big or small – will go a long way to help those in urgent need of assistance.
And despite empty stadiums and social distancing, with your help, we can still use Football for Good to bring people together to make a difference.
How To Donate
There are a number of ways to contribute, including:
Donate By Cheque
Payable to ‘Celtic FC Foundation’ and sent to Celtic FC Foundation, Celtic Park, Glasgow G40 3RE
Donate By Text
Text ‘CELTIC’ followed by ‘£1’, ‘£5’ or ‘£10’ to 70085*
Donate In Cash
There are collection boxes in Celtic stores
*Texts will cost the donation amount, plus one standard rate message.
** You will be charged £3 plus two text messages at your standard network rate in the first month and £3 per month thereafter.
Other Ways To Get Involved
There are a number of other ways to get involved, including:
Purchase The Glittering Prize Print
Purchase Gerard Burns’ Lions Lions commemorative 50th-anniversary print via eBay here
Our Online Auction
Get involved in our online auction – details are coming soon!
Our Own Unique 9IAR Nomination Fundraiser
Get involved in our own unique 9IAR nomination fundraiser – Find out how to get involved!